No products in the basket.
These are our ultimate vegan burgers, low in fat and full of flavour. Ideal cooked on the barbecue or pan fried if the weather is not so good. The addition of the beetroot gives them a great look, and makes them stand out as something a bit different.
Ingredients – 4 Burgers
Coconut oil for frying
150g cooked quinoa. You can use white, red, black or a combination.
2 large field mushrooms, chopped
1 large or 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in to small cubes
1 large fresh cooked beetroot, grated
1 small onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp chopped coriander
zest 2 limes
4 tbsp plain flour, plus extra for dusting
4 whole grain rolls
Red onion sliced
Avocado, peeled and sliced
Non-dairy mayo or other sauce of your choice
- In a frying pan, add some coconut oil, the onions, mushrooms and garlic and fry gently for 10 minutes.
- At the same time place the sweet potato on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes, until tender. Take out and mash roughly with a fork.
- Place the sweet potato and onion mixture in to a large mixing bowl and add all of the other ingredients. Keep a little flour back for dusting. Season well and mix thoroughly.
- Wet your hands and split the mixture in to 4 equal portions. Form in to burgers and dust with flour. If you have time place the burgers in the fridge for an hour to firm up.
- Add some coconut oil to a frying pan and add the burgers. Fry on a medium heat for 7-10 minutes until nicely browned and cooked through. Alternatively cook on a medium heat barbecue.
- Assemble the burgers adding the salad leaves, red onion and sliced avocado on top.
Buy the ingredients….